TIPS & ACTIONS : Week 13
To deliver a great pitch, do the following:
- Get clear about the goal of your pitch – use PIR
- Think about who your audience is – use the impact triangle
Rehearse, Rehearse, Rehearse, and remember the following:
- Breathe slow and low.
- Speak louder and slower. (Assertive people appear to control time).
- Root your posture.
- Keep it short and simple.
- Make eye contact.
- Use pauses.
Prepare thoroughly for giving your pitch, considering the following 7 things:
- Problem – identify a problem worth solving, e.g. “Transferring photos from mobile phones to laptops is complex and time-consuming”
- Solution – explain your solution
- Target Market – talk about the market segments you’re targeting, how many people are in each segment, and the total amount they spend
- Competition – what differentiates you from the competition?
- Team – talk about how your team has the skill set to execute your vision
- Financial Summary – how are you going to make money and what expenses are you going to have?
- Milestones – talk about your upcoming goals and when you plan to achieve them
- Week 13 Highlight video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV0V72bFVZ8
- Social Innovator Profile: Raymond Ackerman Academy Teams: profile-raymond.php
- Pro-Circuit Coach Profile: Richard Jameison: profile-richard.php
- Raymond Ackerman Academy Teams: http://www.slideshare.net/UCTupstarts
- Richard Jameison: http://www.slideshare.net/UCTupstarts/uct-upstarts-2015-week-13-pitching-practice-with-richard-jamieson